Prep is the first year of full time, compulsory schooling. The Prep program is based on the Early Curriculum Guidelines and the Australian Curriculum.
It incorporates the learning contexts of:
- social and personal learning
- health and physical learning
- active learning processes
- foundation level English and Maths
- Materials for years 1, 2 and 3 include:
- eTeach curriculum which includes - Technology, the Arts, Health and Physical Education (HPE).
In Years 4-6 students will undertake a program comprising:
- The Arts
- Civics and Citizenship
- Business and Economics
For students in years 7-10 we have an alliance with the other two western Distance Education Schools, Charleville and Mount Isa. We refer to this as the Western Alliance. Students undertake their studies with teachers based across the three schools.
In Years 7-10 students will undertake a program comprising subjects:
- ICT (Cert 1 IDMT)
- Cert II in Work Skills
- Agricultural Science
The study of a Language is compulsory for years 5-8. Students will have the opportunity to study the French language.